Many times per year I am asked if I know of a resource for understanding the compensation and range of responsibility for Corporate and National Accounts Executives. Well, I am pleased to announce we now have that information! The 2017 Corporate and National Accounts Compensation Survey is now available from The Journal of Healthcare Contracting.
The three questions everyone wants to know are:
- What is the average salary for a Corporate and National Accounts Executive?
- How much compensation is at risk tied to individual and companywide goals?
- How many IDN, GPOs or RPCs should one person handle?
Obviously, these vary company to company for a myriad of reasons, such as what type of products or services they offer, how long the person has been in the role, what their most recent past position was, and the revenue of the organization.
In this easy-to-read 16-page report, the information is largely shown in a graphical presentation. Over 150 respondents provided us their average salary by the following titles:
- Senior Manager
- Vice President
The average salary ranges from $184,000 to $269,000. Specific averages by title are in the report. The report also depicts exactly how much of total compensation is at risk, and whether it is at risk for personal objectives or company goals being met. I was very surprised by the at-risk compensation findings.
Other variables explored in the survey include:
- Salary of respondents responsible for a geography versus organizations (IDNs/GPOs/RPCs)
- Salary by number and type of organizations responsible for
- Revenue of the organization
- Type of product or service the organization offers:
- Physician Preference
- Medical Surgical
- Purchased Services
- Length of services of respondent in their current role
- Most immediate previous position of the respondent
This was a fascinating research project to be involved in. I am confident any organization wanting to understand how other organizations compensate Corporate and National Accounts Executives will find a wealth of information in this report.
You can purchase and download this report by clicking 2017 Corporate and National Accounts Compensation Survey or by contacting Anna McCormick at amccormick@ShareMovingMedia.com or by phone at (770) 263-5280.