MedAssets Tech Forum to highlight small and emerging vendors.
MedAssets is scheduled to hold its seventh annual Technology Forum at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront in Jacksonville, Fla., on Nov. 11, 2008. The forum, which is part of the 2008 MedAssets Supply Chain Systems Fall Conference and Regional Education Forum (Nov. 10 – 14, 2008), encourages the development and availability of innovative products and new medical technology in the industry. Approximately 50+ emerging medical technology vendors will present their products for review by about 300 MedAssets members who represent the following committees:
- Clinical pharmacy
- Value analysis
- Alternate care
- Executive services
- Long term care
- Surgery center
- Surgical services
- Facilities and construction
- Capital equipment
- MedAssets Analytical Systems
- Materials management
- Food and nutrition
- Supplier diversity
The supplier diversity committee is new this year and will focus on growing supplier diversity initiatives and increasing spend with diverse suppliers.
Committee members will evaluate each vendor’s product or service based on the following criteria:
- It represents an innovative technology or service.
- It will improve the quality of care provided to patients.
- It will improve efficiency at a facility.
- It will fulfill an industry need in healthcare.
- It is likely to be purchased by the member’s facility.
- It supports the environmental initiatives of the member’s facility. (This pertains to “green” vendors only.)
The Forum opens doors for small and emerging vendors (including Historically Underutilized Businesses, or HUB, vendors), providing them with the opportunity to be introduced to MedAssets advisory committees and enabling them to break into the healthcare industry. HUB vendors will be highlighted with HUB Supplier signage, both at the Tech Forum and in the Technology and Innovation Forum Exhibitor Guide.
Prospective MedAssets Supply Chain Systems vendors were selected by completing the vendor certification form on the MedAssets Web site.