What an uplifting, informative and invigorating interview! What a privilege to conduct an extensive, wide-ranging interview with Traci Bernard, President, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital in Southlake, Texas.
Traci is passionate and totally committed to her responsibilities. She is passionate about leadership, developing people and improving healthcare. She has served a number of healthcare systems across America as her expertise, effectiveness and responsibilities have steadily increased. She is a change agent focused on improving operations, financial and satisfaction initiatives. She is especially comfortable working with senior leaders, physicians, leadership teams and staff to align their goals with behavior to achieve operational excellence.
This lady is one dynamic leader!
I asked Traci a number of questions including the following:
- Describe a few important decisions, circumstances or ‘turning points’ in your career. What did you learn and how have they moved you toward your personal and professional goals and priorities?
- What issues, challenges or opportunities are you most focused on at the present time? What are the challenges and what is the desired outcome of each?
- Based on your experience and success as a healthcare leader, what pieces of advice would you give a junior executive who aspires to be a hospital or healthcare provider CEO or senior executive?
- If someone in the healthcare field asked you for a few very important Tips for Success, what you would say?
- What would you say are the most important keys to leadership success in the healthcare industry today … and in the future?
- If you were young and starting over, you would ______?
- What have you enjoyed most during your successful career as a healthcare leader?
- What are the lessons learned from a program, product, service or strategy you have implemented recently?
In the next few blogs, we will feature some of the excellent food-for-thought, perspectives, suggestions and lessons learned by Traci Bernard.
Stay tuned. This very committed, passionate and successful healthcare leader is a superb teacher and mentor. When Traci Bernard talks, I listen! And so should you!
Copyright © 2010 by Dan Nielsen, email@example.com
Founder, National Institute for Healthcare Leadership www.nihcl.com