Because the content of this quotation is so rich, so relevant, so positive, so impactful, and so comprehensive, I have broken it down into chunks that can be more easily internalized and applied as you lead and serve others.
Enjoy… but far more important… apply!
- “Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best.
- Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you!”
I suggest you lead a discussion with your direct reports and your team regarding how you, your direct reports and your team are doing in each of these critically important ways of thinking and behaving. An honest, open, uplifting, discussion will result in specific and important opportunities for personal and organizational growth and improvement.
Enjoy this quotation… but far more important… apply its rich content and advice to your leadership, your organization, and your life!
Apply it and you will be more effective. I guarantee it!
Copyright © 2011 by Dan Nielsen
Founder, National Institute for Healthcare Leadership www.nihcl.com