Vizient recognized five member hospitals for improving the performance of their supply chain operations and lowering their cost of care over the course of 2016 by leveraging Vizient solutions and services. The awards were presented at the 2017 Vizient Connections Summit, held in April in Las Vegas. They were:
- Yale New Haven Health System, New Haven, Conn., recipient of the Visionary Leader Award, which recognizes the member hospital considered an “industry steward” among its peers for consistent demonstration of leadership and transparency, commitment to innovation, and a comprehensive approach to process improvement.
- Sutter Health, Sacramento, Calif., recipient of the Performance Solutions Excellence Award, which recognizes the member hospital achieving the greatest performance improvement as measured by documented cost savings in 2016.
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Mich., recipient of the Supply Chain Performance Excellence Award, which recognizes the top performer in supply chain management as measured by supply expense at the facility level as well as for select departments, such as pharmacy, laboratory, imaging, radiology, blood services, cardiology and surgical services.
- Northwestern Medicine, Chicago, Ill., and Salinas (Calif.) Valley Memorial Healthcare, recipients of the Cost Management and Savings Leadership Award, which recognizes one large IDN and one community hospital member achieving the highest performance in cost management as measured by GPO savings and value.
Vizient also recognized 23 suppliers and distributors for service excellence in 2016. They were:
- Medline Industries: Mark McKenna Overall Supplier of the Year Award
- Procter & Gamble: Pediatric Supplier of the Year Award
- Mobile Instrument Repair: Diversity Supplier of the Year Award
- 3M: Environmental Excellence Award
- MiMedx Group, Inc.: Innovative Technology Award
- Cardinal Health OptiFreight® Logistics: Compliance & Integrity Award
- Medtronic CVG Cardiovascular Group: Physician Preference Supplier of the Year Award
- Boston Scientific: Member Business Ventures Supplier Partner
- Fresenius Kabi: Pharmaceutical Supplier of the Year Award
- Cardinal Health: aptitude™ Seller of the Year Award
- Philips Healthcare: Capital and Imaging Supplier of the Year Award
- Morris & Dickson: Distributor of the Year Award
- Cross Country Healthcare: Purchased Services Supplier of the Year Award
- Kraft Heinz Company: Food and Nutrition Supplier of the Year Award
- FedEx Corporation: Business Technology and Support Services Supplier of the Year Award
- Performance Health: IMPACT Standardization Programs Supplier of the Year Award
- US Foods: Group Buy Supplier of the Year Award
- Siemens Healthineers: Capital Group Buy Supplier of the Year Award
- Triose, Inc.: NOVAPLUS® Supplier of the Year Award
- Avadel Pharmaceuticals: NOVAPLUS Pharmaceutical Supplier of the Year Award
- Medline Industries: Medical/Surgical Supplier of the Year Award
- John Eppard, Sanofi: National Account Manager of the Year Award
- R. Bard, Inc.: Custom Solutions Partner of the Year Award
“Vizient is uniquely positioned to address our members’ primary needs in the areas of cost, variation, quality and strategy,” said Vizient President and CEO Curt Nonomaque. “We tailor our solutions to help members achieve their specific objectives across four performance improvement platforms – optimizing supply operations, improving care delivery, maximizing pharmacy performance and evolving strategies to grow and compete.”