January 13, 2021 – Aspirus Health (Wausau, WI) has signed an agreement to buy several Wisconsin hospitals and other healthcare facilities from Ascension (St. Louis, MO).
The transition will include Ascension Wisconsin Spirit Medical Transport, 21 physician clinics, and the following Wisconsin hospitals:
- Eagle River Hospital (Eagle River, WI)
- Good Samaritan Hospital (Merrill, WI)
- Howard Young Medical Center (Woodruff, WI)
- Our Lady of Victory Hospital (Stanley, WI)
- Sacred Heart Hospital (Tomahawk, WI)
- St. Mary’s Hospital (Rhinelander, WI)
- St. Michael’s Hospital (Stevens Point, WI)
The transition is subject to customary conditions to closing, including regulatory and canonical requirements.
Additional details of the transaction were not disclosed.