October 26, 2021 – Despite a difficult and tumultuous year with COVID-19, the Capstone Leadership Institute held its second year of courses dedicated to equipping and empowering the next generation of healthcare supply chain management. The Capstone Leadership Institute is congratulating the graduating class of 2021.
The Capstone Leadership Institute is a value-added education platform built to empower and prepare the future leaders of the healthcare supply chain. This comprehensive program has been designed to expand the knowledge of current and future leaders for the advancement of quality healthcare.
Tim Bugg, Capstone President and CEO congratulated the class of 2021, saying, “I am very proud of the year’s graduate class. These hard-working individuals did an outstanding job in completing the curriculum while continuing to deal with the pandemic and the Delta variant. What an amazing group of professionals! Congratulations class of 2021!”
In the second year, the Capstone Leadership Institute courses covered topics like the importance of physician and provider relationships, contract management, value analysis, forecasting, group purchasing organizations and inventory management. Classes were held virtually via Zoom, allowing for a face-to-face interaction that resulted in more connectivity between the students and subject matter experts.
“This year’s CLI class, subject matter experts, and Capstone staff were all amazing,” said Larry Kennedy, MSDTI, CMRP, Administrative Director Supply Chain & Support Services for Jefferson Regional Medical Center. “During arguably the most difficult year ever to exist in the healthcare supply chain, this amazing team managed to adapt to an ever-changing and unpredictable environment while delivering an exceptional educational program for the participants. I was highly impressed with the quality and relativity of the end of the class presentations. The student’s ability to incorporate newly gained knowledge and personal experiences into real situations within their respective organizations is very impressive. I’m proud of everyone involved in CLI and excited to see how this initiative continues to evolve.”
Applications are being accepted from Capstone members for the Class of 2022 through December 1. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The 2021 Class of the Capstone Leadership Institute:
- Hannah Bentley, Buyer, Catawba Valley Medical Center
- Mark Boateng, MM. Warehouse Supervisor, BayHealth Medical Center
- Tanja Bonnette, Value Analysis Specialist, Jefferson Regional Medical Center
- Ginger Brooks, Clinical Value Analysis Manager, Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Brandi Cooley, Lead Distribution Technician, Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
- Dusti Gorby, Buyer/Recall Specialist, St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Amanda Hallmark, Contract Coordinator, East Alabama Medical Center
- Lucas Han, Supply Chain Manager, Adventist HealthCare
- Patrick (PJ) Henry, Contract Manager, Mon Health Medical Center
- Dawn Motiejunas, National Account Manager – Acute Care, Champs GPO
- Jonathan Palardy, Pharmacy Buyer, Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Dennis Reed, Purchasing Manager, St. Joseph’s/Candler
- Amanda Smith, Clinical Resource Manager, Riverside Health System
- Tara Torrence, Director of Pharmacy, Granville Health System
- Megan Valentine, Purchasing Team Lead, St. Joseph’s/Candler
- Donna Webster, Contract Coordinator, TidalHealth Peninsula Regional