May 6, 2022 – Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) announces that its Vendormate Kiosk has been selected as the “Compliance Management Innovation” winner by the 2022 MedTech Breakthrough Awards program. GHX Vendormate’s self-service Kiosk offers a more efficient facility access experience, helping health systems create safer spaces for patients, staff, visitors and vendors.
In 2021, GHX introduced the Vendormate Kiosk, an integrated mobile app and kiosk solution that offers vendor and visitor check-in with contact-free vendor options for health systems. The Kiosk was redesigned amid the pandemic to help health systems better meet evolving credentialing compliance and visitor management goals.
Enhanced features include:
- COVID-19 Safety: Contact-free check-in options for vendors using QR technology, wellness declarations and an integrated thermometer help meet current and prepare for future compliance and infection control protocols.
- Expanded Visitor Management Capabilities: Barcode technology allows visitors to scan their driver’s license for faster check-in and records which patient they are visiting.
- Flexibility: A single solution that can be configured for visitors, vendors or both, reducing the complexity of maintaining multiple kiosk solutions.
- Advanced Technology: Geo-location services in the app senses when a vendor representative arrives and also sends a reminder to check out. An integrated camera includes facial-boundary detection to help users better align for temperature sensing and badge photos.
- Data Visibility: Dashboards support visitor watch lists and alerts and enable detailed reporting.
“Health systems are incredibly concerned about safety and security, infection control and improved compliance,” said Chrystie Leonard, General Manager, GHX Vendormate. “Our team was uniquely positioned to address the need for facility access badging compliance by quickly innovating on a single kiosk design that addresses facility check-in for both vendors and visitors. I’m incredibly proud of the team and we are honored to be recognized as an innovator in compliance management.”
The MedTech Breakthrough Awards honor excellence and recognize annually the creativity, innovation, hard work and success of digital health and medical technology companies around the globe. In the program’s 6th year, it attracted nearly 4,000 nominations across a range of categories. All nominations were evaluated by an independent panel of experts within the digital health and medical technology industries, with the winning products and companies selected based on a variety of criteria, including most innovative and technologically advanced products and services.