September 16, 2021 – Henry Schein, Inc. (Melville, NY) announced a new organizational structure to accelerate the company’s strategic goals of enhancing customer experience and operational performance.
Henry Schein will create two groups to lead the management globally of its Dental and Medical distribution businesses:
- The North America Distribution Group, led by Brad Connett, CEO. Connett, who joined the company in 1997, previously was president of Henry Schein’s U.S. Medical Group.
- The International Distribution Group, led by Andrea Albertini, president. Albertini, who joined the company in 2013, previously was president of Henry Schein’s EMEA Dental Distribution Group. Albertini will also join the company’s Executive Management Committee.
Henry Schein said it will expand its three specialty products and services businesses that participate in higher-growth, higher-margin markets:
- Henry Schein One, which provides integrated software and services to the dental profession. This segment will be headed by Mike Baird, CEO, who joined Henry Schein One in 2020.
- The Global Oral Reconstruction Group, led by Rene Willi, CEO, and Steve Boggan, chief commercial officer. This group includes the Camlog and BioHorizons Group as well as medentis medical, collectively a leading dental implant and bone regeneration products business. The Global Oral Reconstruction Group will include Zahn Dental, a dental laboratory products and services business, led by Rita Acquafredda.
- The Strategic Business Units Group, led by David Brous, CEO, which spans manufacturing and service-based endodontic, orthodontic, and other healthcare businesses. Brous will also have executive responsibility for the International Distribution Group.
Additionally, the company announced that Jonathan Koch, currently the CEO of Henry Schein’s Global Dental Group, has decided to leave Henry Schein to return to the drug development and commercialization industry. He will remain on the board of Henry Schein One, the company’s practice management software and services joint venture with Internet Brands.
Henry Schein will continue to report quarterly sales in the categories of Dental, Medical, and Technology and Value-Added Services.
These changes will not result in any associated restructuring charges, the company said.