Capstone Health Alliance celebrates its 10th Annual Forum
Capstone Health Alliance celebrated its 10th Annual Forum in Myrtle Beach, SC, October 17-19. Capstone welcomed more than 500 attendees from its member hospitals, business partners, and Capstone’s national GPO partner, Premier, Inc. The Forum’s theme, “Navigating the Future”, served as the foundation for an array of nationally-renowned speakers and breakout sessions aimed to prepare the alliance members for another year of expected healthcare changes.
Keynote speaker Dr. Gary Bradt, author, psychologist, C-Suite executive coach and expert on change and leadership, kicked off the Forum with an inspirational presentation on how to effectively lead change in a new age. Dr. Bradt was followed by two additional sessions focusing on effective supply chain management and measuring progress and effectiveness of actions.
Capstone was pleased to host its 10th Annual Vendor Show featuring 140 partner companies. Exclusive to Capstone-contracted suppliers, the Vendor Show offers dedicated networking opportunities for members and vendors to discuss contracted products, services and Capstone value adds.
Capstone celebrated the success of the alliance and its 10th Forum anniversary with an Awards Ceremony and Dinner Celebration. All conference attendees were invited to participate in the event, with the highlight of the evening occurring as Capstone recognized exemplary members, as well as eight supplier partners who were recognized for their proactive and consistent approach to supporting the membership through the entire continuum of care. Capstone proudly presented the inaugural Decade of Sustained Excellence Award to Bill Myers, Executive Director of Materials Management, Mission Health System, for his outstanding achievement and contribution to supply chain over the past 10 years. A complete list of award winners can be found below.
Capstone introduced a new session for vendor attendees titled “Take a Leap Forward” which featured a Panel Discussion with Capstone member Supply Chain Directors. The session offered insight into the changing world of supply chain for healthcare providers, and allowed vendors to pose questions to an accomplished group of leaders.
Blair Childs, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, Premier Inc., provided the closing keynote remarks with an insider’s overview of the Washington, DC landscape and the “what ifs” related to the future of healthcare.
2017 Decade of Sustained Excellence Award Winner:
- Bill Myers, Executive Director of Materials Management, Mission Health System
2017 ELEVATE Award Winners:
- Kenyetta Keys, Administrative Director, Supply Chain & Support Services, Doctors Community Hospital
- Rita Barker, Director, Materials Management, St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Clara Anne Spencer, Director, Pharmacy, Carilion Clinic
- Mike Rawls, System Director, Materials Management, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
- Tracy Wise, Associate Vice President, CHAMPS Group Purchasing
- Justine Peterson, Director, Client Services, IPC Group Purchasing
- Donna Fahy, Director, Purchasing, Cape Fear Valley Health
- Kelly Messick, Contract Administrator, Peninsula Regional Health System
2017 Innovative Partner Award Winners:
- Zimmer Biomet
- Cook Medical
- Cardinal Health
2017 Innovative Partner Award Honorable Mentions:
- Activation Systems
- Staples Business Advantage