January 26, 2023 – Parkview Health System and UCHealth have signed an agreement to bring the two health care providers together. The partnership will provide investments to strengthen the health care services currently offered in Pueblo and throughout southern Colorado. The organizations signed the definitive agreement on Jan. 24, following the signing of a letter of intent on Oct. 7, 2022.
As Parkview and its employees join UCHealth in mid-2023, UCHealth will begin investing nearly $200 million into Parkview and the Pueblo community including:
- A $5 million donation to the Parkview Foundation to establish a long-term fund to support patients, the community and the hospital.
- Assistance with recruiting excellent staff and physicians.
- Support for nursing and clinical education programs.
- Capital investments to upgrade Parkview’s facilities, equipment and technology.
- Continued partnerships with local universities and community colleges to develop Colorado’s health care workforce.
- Help to stabilize Parkview’s finances and continue the services offered today.
Parkview already uses UCHealth’s electronic medical record and other IT systems, and this expanded partnership will build upon an already successful collaboration.
Parkview and UCHealth will maintain a local board of directors for Parkview made up predominantly of Pueblo citizens who will continue to provide oversight of its services and quality, and Parkview’s local leadership team will ensure patients receive the best possible care. Parkview also will continue to be the largest employer in Pueblo. Parkview’s staff, providers and leaders will retain their positions, and their current benefits will continue for the foreseeable future.