The Class of 2017
Premier Inc. recognized more than 160 hospitals, health systems and suppliers for their work to improve healthcare quality and costs at its 2017 Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition, June 26-30 in Washington, D.C.
Geisinger Health System of Pennsylvania received the Supply Chain Innovation Award for introducing innovative, high-impact supply chain improvement ideas to the healthcare industry.
Fourteen provider members received the Supply Chain Excellence Award, which honors top performers based on member submissions to Premier’s SupplyFocus application. They were:
- Agnesian HealthCare, Wisconsin.
- Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast, North Carolina.
- Florida Hospital Apopka, Florida (Adventist Health System).
- Genesis Medical Center, Aledo, Illinois (Genesis Health System).
- Heritage Valley Health System, Pennsylvania.
- Jefferson Regional Medical Center, Arkansas.
- Murray Medical Center, Georgia (Adventist Health System).
- Norton Community Hospital, Virginia (Mountain States Health Alliance).
- PeaceHealth Cottage Grove Community Medical Center, Oregon (PeaceHealth).
- Presence Health, Illinois.
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Illinois (Presence Health).
- Francis Medical Center, California (Verity Health System).
- Verity Health System, California.
- West Penn Hospital, Pennsylvania (Allegheny Health Network).
Honoring healthcare advancements and supplier commitment to innovation, the Innovation Celebration featured technologies to support critical medical needs, including diabetes retinal screening, wound care management, stroke prevention and detection of bladder cancer. 2017 Innovation Celebration participants and innovations were:
- 3M™ Corporation: Cavilon™ Advanced Skin Protectant.
- Abbott/St Jude Medical: AMPLATZER™ PFO Occluder.
- Carestream Health, Inc.: CARESTREAM OnSight 3D Extremity System.
- CarePICS: CarePICS® Remote Clinical Imagery System.
- Grifols Diagnostic Solutions: Helios IFA Processor.
- Instrumentation Laboratory (Werfen USA, LLC): HemosIL®HIT-Ab(PF4-H).
- Invuity Inc.: PhotonBlade™.
- Hill Rom: Welch Allyn RetinaVue 100 Imager.
- KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc.: Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview (BLCC).
- Medtronic: Micra™ Transcatheter Pacing System.
- Olympus: Contained Tissue Extraction System.
- ReavillMED, LLC: Magnificent 7 With Quick Draw.
- Scientific Analytics: DARI Motion Health.
- Siemens Healthineers: DirectDensity™.
- Stryker: TruRize.
2017 Innovation Celebration startups were:
- CareLinx: Matches families to trusted caregivers based on a patient’s needs.
- MediBookr: Brings price transparency to healthcare marketplace, allowing employees of large partner employers to compare and contrast prices for medical imaging vendors.
The 2018 Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition will be held June 19-22 in Nashville, Tennessee.