August 04, 2020
“Back to wellness.” What will that mean in the weeks and months ahead? McKesson Medical-Surgical partnered with The Journal of Healthcare Contracting (JHC) to speak with physicians and healthcare supply chain experts on the challenges and protocols facing physician offices and ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) in the reopening phase during the COVID-19 pandemic.
JHC Publisher Scott Adams hosted a four-part podcast series on expert guidance from infection preventionists, laboratory professionals and supply chain executives.
The podcast provides answers on questions for physician practices and ASCs such as:
- How might we screen/triage our patients?
- How might we accommodate patients who are suspected of having COVID-19?
- How might we accommodate social distancing?
- What protocols might we have should a staff member contract the virus?
- Who on staff will serve as our COVID-19 “point person,” staying abreast of developments in disease incidence, vaccinations and treatments?
- What kinds of PPE might we need? How much might we need?
- And more.