September 23, 2022 – Vizient announced the winners of their clinical performance and supply chain excellence awards for 2022. The awards, which recognize the work of member health systems in the areas of clinical quality and accountability, supplier diversity and environmentally preferred sourcing, were presented during the 2022 Vizient Connections Summit held Sept. 19-21 in Las Vegas.
“Through unwavering commitment and determination, this year’s top performers have been able to accelerate improvement, reduce variation and increase savings for their organizations. How they approach performance improvement from a leadership and culture perspective provides a path forward for other health systems and hospitals,” said Byron Jobe, president and chief executive officer for Vizient. “We applaud each of these organizations for their work to deliver high quality, cost-effective patient care in their communities.”
- The Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award is given annually to comprehensive academic medical centers; large, specialized complex care medical centers; complex care medical centers and community-based medical centers that demonstrate superior performance, as measured by the Vizient Quality and Accountability Ranking program, which has been calculated annually since 2005.
- The Vizient Quality Leadership Rising Star Award recognizes comprehensive academic medical centers that have made significant improvements in their year-over-year rankings in the annual Vizient Quality and Accountability Study.
- The Vizient Ambulatory Quality and Accountability Award measures the quality of outpatient care in five domains: access to care, continuum of care, quality, efficiency, and equity. The composite scoring system uses patient-level data from the AAMC-Vizient Clinical Practice Solutions Center, the Vizient Access and Throughput data, as well as data from the Vizient Clinical Data Base.
- The Vizient Supplier Diversity Award recognizes members in each cohort on how they champion inclusion in their supply chain and accelerate economic growth in their local community through the engagement, empowerment and utilization of minority-, women-, veteran-, LGBT- and disability-owned business enterprises.
- The Environmentally Preferred Sourcing Excellence Award ranks members in each cohort on contributions to human and environmental health through responsible purchasing decisions. Ranking is based on the purchase of products containing at least one environmentally preferred attribute as a percentage of their Vizient spend.
To see a full list of the recipients, click here.