Jim Fitzgerald to retire
Jim Fitzgerald, president of HealthTrust Purchasing Group and Parallon’s Supply Chain Solutions business unit, will retire effective May 31, 2012. Fitzgerald oversaw the initial formation of HealthTrust in 1999, its financial and operational functions, and managed the contracting for clinical supplies, pharmaceuticals and capital equipment, totaling approximately $20 billion annually. He is a member of the Federation of American Hospitals and serves as a board member of the Tennessee Minority Supplier Development Council. A national search for Fitzgerald’s successor was to be initiated immediately.
Parallon Business Solutions, LLC, headquartered in Franklin, Tenn., provides providers with revenue cycle and business process consulting, workforce management solutions, supply chain services and group purchasing. HealthTrust Purchasing Group, headquartered in Brentwood, Tenn., supports nearly 1,400 not-for-profit and for-profit acute care facilities, as well as nearly 11,000 ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices and alternate care sites.
Novation recognizes suppliers for service excellence
Novation recognized 25 suppliers in recognition of the service they provided to the healthcare organizations of VHA and UHC. The awards were announced at Novation’s annual Supplier Summit in February. The GPO honored the overall supplier of the year with the first annual Mark McKenna award. McKenna served as the president and CEO of Novation from 1999 through 2006, and he passed away in October 2011 after a lengthy battle with cancer. The recipient of this year’s McKenna Award was Philips Healthcare.
Other award-winners were:
- Spectrum Surgical Instruments (Diversity Supplier of the Year).
- Owens & Minor (Diversity Advocate of the Year).
- Sage Products (Innovative Technology Award, for the company’s 2% CHG pre-operative skin prep cloth).
- Kimberly-Clark (Standardization Participation Leadership Award).
- Arizant (Standardization Operational Excellence Award).
- Medline Industries (Environmental Excellence Award).
- Cook Medical (Academic Medical Centers Participation Award).
- Covidien (VHA Supply Networks Participation Award).
- BD (IDS Program Support Award).
- Henry Schein (Non-Acute Partner of the Year).
- Chuck Marcaccio of Hospira (National Account Manager of the Year).
- Philips Healthcare (Capital & Imaging Supplier of the Year).
- Siemens Healthcare (Group Buy Supplier of the Year).
- Astellas (Pharmacy Brand Supplier of the Year).
- Mylan Institutional (Pharmacy Generic Supplier of the Year).
- Seneca Medical (Medical-Surgical Distributor of the Year).
- AmerisourceBergen (Pharmacy Distributor of the Year).
- AmSan (Specialty Distributor of the Year).
- Teleflex (Medical-Surgical Supplier of the Year).
- Synthes (Physician’s Preference Supplier of the Year).
- AMN Healthcare (Purchased Services Supplier of the Year).
- OfficeMax (Support Services Supplier of the Year).
- DeRoyal (NOVAPLUS Supplier of the Year).
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals (NOVAPLUS Pharmacy Supplier of the Year).